It’s official, we move in March 1 and the clock is TICKING!
In true list-maker fashion, I’ve already compiled a prioritized (top = high priority, lower down = less urgent) list of things we already know we need at the new house. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and this house won’t be either, but listing our priorities is step one.
New House Essentials
- Living Room Couches and End Tables
- Laundry Room Shelving and Storage
- Kitchen Table and Chairs
- Deadbolt for Basement and Bedroom Doors (peace of mind when bae travels)
- Office Chair (already have a desk, thanks Costco clearance!)
- Mudroom Bench and Storage
- Rest of Living Room Decor (entertainment center, cabinetry, etc.)
- Lay Patio
- Put up a Fence
- Purchase Patio Furniture
- Build Bonfire Pit
- Plant Privacy Landscaping in Backyard
- Buy Lawnmower and Gardening Equipment
- Dining Room Table
- Vanity for Master Bedroom
- Fitness Equipment Storage for Loft
- Build Kevin’s Basement Office
- Identify Garden area (and possibly start planting this spring)
- Entry Hallway Frame Gallery
- Garage Tool Bench
- Paint Living Room and Master Bedroom
- Purchase Formal Dining Plates and Settings
Once most of these big items are checked off I can start working on some of my 2019 to-do’s as well, for which I’m pretty excited! Many of them are to improve efficiency in our house and lives so they go very hand in hand with this checklist, too.
I’ll be checking back quarterly to reevaluate progress to keep me moving. Hopefully we’ll have all of this done in 2019 so we can move on to the real fun: styling and decorating all the big projects we just finished!