If you need to up your fruit intake or are looking to really max out on the benefits of green tea, this is a solid, fun stop on your journey.
Matcha is super buzzy right now, especially for those looking for clearer skin or a less aggressive AM caffeine kick. If you’re like me and have some remote work options, a smoothie in the morning is a fun change up from the normal cup of coffee or tea when your commute is in your slippers from your bed to your desk.
- 1 tsp of matcha
- 6oz of water
- 6oz of milk (I always prefer light soy)
- 1 banana
- 3-4 strawberries
- 10 large ice cubes
- 1 packets/1 tsp of Splenda (optional, to taste)
One thing you have to cope with – the end product may not be your ideal-Insta worthy smoothie. The matcha is a strong green color so it definitely overtakes the smoothie visually, but just know it doesn’t impact the healthy or delicious properties.
- Clocks in at just under 200 calories
- Provides 2 servings of fruit (or more, more fruit can easily be added)
- Contains 70mg of caffeine (almost as much as a cup of coffee)
- Dairy free option
Did you like this one?
Try the Apple Cider Vinegar Smoothie Recipe I haveto mix it up!
Have any tasty versions of this simple treat? Let us know with #foodwinediy on social media.